March 3, 2012

Local Soul Caliber V Gamers Featured in Isthmus

A couple of weeks ago, I got a call from Isthmus asking if I'd be interested in hanging out at the Ten Pin Bowling Alley in Fitchburg, WI and make some photographs of a group of gamers. At first I was told it was a Saturday night by the photo editor, but found out it was Sunday night instead. Always good to confirm place and time with your point person/subject before showing up at a venue.

 I thought this might be interesting. I've never been much for video games since the old days when I had to put a quarter in a slot at the arcade to play and even then my choices were Pac Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Space Aliens or Tetris. Soul Calibur V is a bit more complicated and they even had Soul Calibur custom control stick. Jimmi Choi is the local organizer of these regular double elimination tournaments and has been doing so for a number of years. It was a nice group of folks and they were very tolerant of me making photos while they were trying to concentrate on the battle at hand.
Soul Calibur V Gaming Competition

Soul Calibur V Gaming CompetitionSoul Calibur V Gaming Competition
Soul Calibur V Gaming Competition
Soul Calibur V Gaming Competition

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted.