February 20, 2012

EAT-RITE Diner - St. Louis, MO

EAT-RITE Diner
I love diners and greasy spoons. The 24-hour EAT-RITE is my lunch spot while I am in St. Louis each Fall for daycare portraits at Nestle-Purina Child Development Center. It's just a few blocks away and the food is cheap American artery-clogging goodness. The EAT-RITE sits on an island of concrete surround by industrial ugliness in the shadow of the Gateway Arch. It's one of the oldest and last diners of it's kind in St. Louis. It was a doughnut shop before it turned into the EAT-RITE. It's a counter service only place with friendly staff and an eclectic mix of patrons. This particular day, I had my camera with me and asked if I could take some photos. The staff was a little hesitant at first but quickly warmed up and started posing. The next day I brought some prints in for them and they were thrilled...and so was I. It's fun to be able to give back when people aren't expecting it. I'm looking forward to my next visit and the BLT with fries for under $5!

EAT-RITE Diner

EAT-RITE Diner  EAT-RITE Diner

EAT-RITE Diner

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted.