May 17, 2013

St. Louis Gateway Arch

If you read my blog, you've probably come to the conclusion that St. Louis is one of my favorite cities. It has a lot of character, architecture and interesting neighborhoods. I'm also in love with the Gateway Arch

The tallest man-made monument in the United States towers at 630 feet. It's a simple but elegant shape (a weighted catenary curve) covered in stainless steel that constantly changes as you move around it. I never get tired of looking at and photographing it. It's just such a massive and unusual structure. I enjoy getting up close and using a wide angle lens to distort and create exaggerated shapes such as this one. The Gateway Arch is truly one of our greatest national monuments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted.