March 19, 2012

WANTED: Over the Road Truck Drivers For Photo Projects

Awhile back I had the good fortune of riding along a week at a time with two different over the road truck drivers to document life on the road. It's an interesting subculture that most people don't think much about. It's a solitary life on the road with long days of driving and eating, bathing and sleeping at truck stops. It was really good to spend time with Ric and Rob, and I appreciated them allowing me to ride along and follow them around with my camera. We got some curious looks at the truck stops not to mention the occasional suspicious questioning at drop-off locations. There was some  concern that I was trying to steal company secrets or canvasing a place.  I'm look for more drivers to work with and continue to build my portfolio of images for this personal project. To view images from this project visit my web site www.StickPeopleProductions.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being posted.